Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Organic Nature of Pretentious Authenticity


So it must happen, my first post. Gaming blogs are all around the internet but there is one singular problem with all of them; they do not have me posting on them. This sounds highly conceited and it is, but truth be told I have been playing video games all my life and truly feel I can bring something new to the industry. I hope everything is a little quirky, a little fun, but above all I need to prove I'm not a jackass!

This website was designed for you in mind, the Fourth Person Gamer. This type of gamer stays up till the wee (Wii?) hours of the morning rolling over and collecting as much video game information that little katamari brain can handle instead of actually playing them. But this is where the hardcore meet the casual, which is a huge debate in the industry right now. A casual gamer does not know who Reggie is, how many Zelda CD-i games there were or how the Hot Coffee Mod changed the industry forever. Hell they believe Reggie to be a Jackson, Hot Coffee to be something you drink and the CD-i as something you can invest money in! (oh and they think Zelda is a smooshed faced dog). So now Mr. Fourth Person Gamer I invite you to relish in the hot dog that is the internet, so be that relish... and please do not be afraid of a little sauerkraut with your video game reading!

Happy 4th Person Gaming,
- Bucca Taylor

No comments: